WINSTON COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The death of a Winston County woman has been deemed heat-related with underlying medical issues.
Winston County Coroner Scott Gregory confirmed the 74-year-old woman died on Monday.
He said the woman was mowing during the mid-afternoon, and she was found slumped over after the mower struck a tree.
She was rushed to a local emergency room, and she was pronounced dead at 4:12 p.m.
The coroner said the woman had open-heart surgery.
The woman’s name has not been released.
- Coroner: Winston County death deemed heat-related
- Lee County sees first cold-related death
- Man sent to prison for Winston County death
- Body recovered following Winston County fire
- Power outage scheduled in Winston County
- UPDATE: Man wanted in Winston County burglary
- Authorities investigate possible homicide in Winston County
- ATV wreck kills man in Winston County
- UPDATE: Power restored in Winston County
- Collision kills young man in Winston County