WREN, Miss. (WTVA) - A Caledonia man has been identified as the deceased individual in an active homicide investigation in Monroe County.
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley identified the man as William Elliott, 36.
Authorities responded to the scene on U.S. Highway 45 between Wren and Aberdeen.
Authorities responded early Friday morning to a home on U.S. Highway 45 between Wren and Aberdeen.
Gurley says the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and the Monroe County Sheriff's Department are investigating the death.
An autopsy will be performed.
MBI is expected to release more information about the investigation shortly.
- Monroe County coroner identifies homicide victim
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- Winston County coroner identifies victim of explosion
- Coroner identifies Lee County drowning victim
- Coroner identifies victim of West Point shooting
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire
- Leflore County coroner identifies victim of small plane crash
- Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County collision
- Lee County coroner identifies victim of weekend crash