ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - The body found near Aberdeen died from multiple gunshots, confirmed Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley.
The identity has not officially been released, but Gurley and Sheriff Cecil Cantrell are confident the body is that of Steven Huebner, 54.
Steven Huebner | Photo: Monroe County Sheriff's Department
Ellen Huebner | Photo: Monroe County Sheriff's Department
Huebner was last seen on Feb. 23 on Buck Road.
Sheriff’s deputies found a body in the backyard of a home on Buck Road on March 1.
Since then, Huebner’s wife has been arrested and charged with murder.
Ellen Huebner was later released from jail on a $150,000 bond.
More results from the autopsy are expected soon.
- Coroner: Cause of death determined for Aberdeen body
- Lowndes County coroner identifies Columbus body
- Coroner identifies body found at Tupelo home
- Coroner: Body found in Union County home
- Coroner: Winston County death deemed heat-related
- Aberdeen alderman passes away
- Fatal shooting in Aberdeen
- Aberdeen shooting under investigation
- Police investigate Aberdeen shooting
- Aberdeen celebrates Memorial Day