COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - An accident claimed the life of a Caledonia man Wednesday, according to Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Todd Waldrop, 42, died after being hit by a tree he had cut down. The tree pinned him in two feet of water in north Lowndes County, according to the coroner.
Waldrop's wife and a friend looked for him after he did not return home from hunting and they found him Wednesday night.
Merchant did not indicate the official cause of death.
- Coroner: Accident kills Caledonia man
- Union Coroner: Man killed in ATV accident
- Monroe Coroner: Caledonia man died from multiple gunshot wounds
- Coroner identifies pedestrian killed in Tupelo accident
- CORRECTION: Caledonia man not arrested
- Investigator: Caledonia man fires shot toward church
- Coroner: Big Creek man killed in wreck
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies man in Tupelo fatal accident
- Florida woman charged for Caledonia auto burglary
- Caledonia student arrested for gun possession