Update 01/30/19 4:13 p.m.
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green identified the victim as Walter Eugene George, 63.
Original post below
SKYLINE, Miss. (WTVA) - One person is dead following an overnight fire in Lee County.
The fire happened at a residence along Highway 178. The Skyline community is located east of Tupelo.
Mooreville-Eggville Fire Chief Ron Witty said firefighters were called to the scene at approximately 2 a.m. Tuesday.
Coroner Carolyn Green said her office was called to the scene at approximately 3:45 a.m.
She is not releasing the name of the victim until next-of-kin have been notified.
This is a developing story and this article will be updated as more information becomes available.
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire
- Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire
- Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County collision
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- Lee County coroner identifies victim of weekend crash
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- Monroe County coroner identifies homicide victim
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies deceased Lowndes County inmate
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies man in Tupelo fatal accident
- UPDATE: Suspect identified after fatal Lee County shooting