OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A federal grand jury indicted a man from Corinth in connection with a stabbing at a state prison near Meridian.
The U.S. attorney's office described Justin Hannah and the five other defendants as alleged members of the Simon City Royals, a national gang operating in Mississisppi prisons, including the East Mississippi Correctional Facility.
According to the indictment, Hannah was involved with an assault of someone in May of last year that seriously hurt someone.
A second assault listed in the indictment did not include Hannah.
The six are charged with taking part in a violent assault in aid of a racketeering enterprise.
U.S. Attorney William Lamar said Hannah, Wilton Johnson, Jeremy Smith, Carl McMillian, James Vaughn and Joe Johnson will be arraigned in federal court Thursday.
- Corinth man among six indicted for prison stabbing
- Police charge man with Corinth stabbing
- Investigation continues into mysterious Corinth stabbing
- Fire destroys Corinth business
- Jury finds Corinth man guilty of murder
- Corinth man charged with kidnapping in Tennessee
- Man arrested for drug trafficking in Corinth
- Police charge man for Corinth store burglary
- Corinth man charged with child sex crime
- Corinth man pleads guilty to federal charges