KOSSUTH, Miss. (WTVA) - A Corinth doctor died after his car caught on fire.
Alcorn County Sheriff Ben Caldwell said Dr. Ray Gregory was driving a small car that was, in his words, rutted in a pathway.
The sheriff said the doctor called for help, but when a person arrived, the car was on fire.
The doctor was outside the vehicle but could not get away in time.
Caldwell said investigators don't know what caused the fire.
- Corinth doctor dies in car fire near Kossuth
- Fire destroys Corinth business
- No injuries in Corinth fire
- Kossuth coach arrested at school
- Federal indictment handed down against Kossuth coach
- CFO resigning from Corinth hospital
- Corinth Police investigating fatal shooting
- Junkyard fire blazes near Corinth, no danger to public
- Corinth police look for 'fishing' thief
- UPDATE: Charges filed in Corinth shooting