TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Cooper Tire in Tupelo has decided to change maintenance service vendors, affecting approximately 200 workers.
The Tupelo plant says it’s important to note this is a change in vendor only, not any type of workforce reduction.
“In fact, all of the JESCO employees will have the opportunity to work with the new provider,” Cooper Tire announced.
The plant will soon start using Advanced Technology Services (ATS). The transition will take place during the next several weeks.
All JESCO maintenance contract employees currently working at the plant will have the opportunity to continue working at Cooper Tire Tupelo as members of the ATS team.
“We feel this is the right decision to help advance our plant’s capabilities to meet customer needs,” the company announced.
- Cooper Tire ends maintenance contract with JESCO
- Cooper Tire names new Tupelo plant manager
- Tupelo's Cooper Tire plant celebrates major milestone
- Local graduate awarded Cooper Tire scholarship
- Cooper Tire opens distribution center in Byhalia
- Contracts awarded for local road construction, maintenance work
- Cooper Tire to open 100-worker warehouse in Mississippi
- MDOT awards construction contracts
- Tupelo ratifies transit contract
- Pawn shop owner tired of break-ins