TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo High School students had the opportunity to learn about manufacturing jobs available at Cooper Tire & Rubber Company.
In honor of National Manufacturing Day, which was on Monday, Cooper Tire employees are working to improve the image of manufacturing careers.
The students got a hands-on look at the industry right in their own classrooms.
There were different stations set up, teaching students what goes into making a tire, from start to finish.
The company's human resources specialist, T.J. Dill, said the company used the opportunity to showcase its job opportunities.
Students said the experience was eye-opening.
- Cooper Tire employees visit Tupelo High School
- Cooper Tire names new Tupelo plant manager
- Tupelo's Cooper Tire plant celebrates major milestone
- No injuries from morning fire at Cooper Tire in Tupelo
- MSU president visits Tupelo High School
- Local graduate awarded Cooper Tire scholarship
- Cooper Tire ends maintenance contract with JESCO
- Cooper Tire opens distribution center in Byhalia
- President Trump visits Tupelo
- Cooper Tire's Tupelo plant receives award for improving workplace safety and health