TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tupelo Regional Airport says a new Contour jet service will soon start, offering more convenience to Nashville travelers.
The airport and the CEO of Contour Airlines announced the exciting news Thursday morning.
Contour's new jet service will start on April 1 for trips between Tupelo and Nashville.
“I am proud to announce beginning April 1st, Contour will be offering 18 weekly frequencies to Nashville on our ERJ-135 jet aircraft,” said Matt Chaifetz, Contour Airlines.
Currently, Contour sees approximately 30 flights a week. However, these planes usually hold 15 passengers.
With this new service, the jets will be bigger, allowing more passengers to be onboard. This will decrease the number of weekly flights to 18.
WTVA's Erin Wilson will have more on this story in our evening newscasts on WTVA 9 News and online at WTVA.com.
- Contour Airlines expands jet services in Tupelo
- Contour Airlines announces new jet service in Tupelo
- Contour Airlines to continue service at Tupelo airport
- Tupelo Automobile Museum announces closure
- New charter airline to begin service to Tunica casinos
- Tupelo mayor announces bid for U.S. Senate
- Memorial service held for the homeless who died in Tupelo
- Fire damages Tupelo apartments
- MLK Day in Tupelo
- Tupelo farmers' depot opens