TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A turning lane is being added to Coley Road in Tupelo to help relieve traffic.
Construction work is ongoing at the intersection of Coley Road and McCullough Boulevard.
With the addition, traffic on Coley Road will be able to move through the intersection quicker, according to city engineer Dennis Bonds.
“Traffic that wants to turn eastbound on McCullough has a designated turn lane. So it should shorten traffic cues and allow traffic to move through there more smoothly,” he said.
A large portion of the project is expected to be completed by Friday, Bonds said.
He expects the entire project, clean up and all, to be completed in a few weeks.
- Construction on turning lane in Tupelo nears completion
- Tupelo interchange construction set for spring completion
- Work continues on turn lane in Tupelo
- Tupelo mayor vetoes proposal to build turn lane
- Tupelo city council talks state flag and turn lane proposal
- Designated turn lane opens at Eason, Highway 45 in Tupelo
- Tupelo lane to reopen soon
- Officials complete final section of four-lane on Highway 72
- Tupelo crews to begin road construction next week
- Skilled to Work: Tupelo High School construction program