PANOLA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) — A Panola County constable died in a crash that happened while officers chased a stolen car Thursday.
The Department of Public Safety identified the constable who died as 57-year old Raye Hawkins of Courtland.
A press release from the DPS says Hawkins was traveling southbound on MS 35 when he collided with a 2018 Chevrolet Colorado traveling northbound on MS 35 driven by a minor.
Fox 13 in Memphis reports two teenagers are in custody.
Updated Article - Report: 2 teens charged with murder in death of Panola County constable
- Constable died in Panola County crash
- Report: 2 teens charged with murder in death of Panola County constable
- Panola County crash kills Water Valley man
- Lowndes County constable rushed to hospital following crash
- Panola man charged with assault in Oxford
- Panola County teen fighting for life after hit-and-run
- Panola County woman accused of embezzlement in Oxford
- MHP investigates pedestrian and vehicle accident in Panola County
- Report: Tupelo paving company expanding to Panola County
- Panola County deputies seek man involved in dogfighting ring