TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A Compassionate Friends candlelight service for families who have experienced the death of a child, grandchild or sibling happened Sunday.
Families and friends were invited to join others to remember those family members during the holiday season. A "remembrance table" will be placed for those who want to honor their loved one with a photograph.
The mission of the Compassionate Friends organization is to assist families toward resolving grief following the death of a family member and to help others be supportive during the recovery process.
For more information, call Elizabeth Stamper at 662-321-5442 or Dave Jensen at 662-231-1305. Regular meetings are held at 9 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month.
To learn more about the Compassionate Friends organization, visit compassionatefriends.org.
- Compassionate Friends holds candlelight service to unite loved ones
- Pro-Life Mississippi Organization holds candlelight prayer vigil
- Candlelight vigil held for Houston football player
- Storm-damaged church holds Easter service
- United Way helps provide important services to communities
- United Furniture purchases Lane Furniture
- NMMC moving its pediatrics unit
- Friends remember Choctaw County's Moe Hardin
- UPDATE: Friends remember Oktibbeha County murder victim
- Woman accused of robbing, kidnapping Facebook friend