STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Starkville came together to say their final goodbyes to Lake Little nearly one week after she died in a plane crash at the Ole Miss golf course.
Lake’s family asked everyone to wear bright colors, because pink was her favorite. Everyone who showed up did just that, in fact, it was so crowded that people lined the walls of the First Baptist Church’s Outreach Worship Center.
Friends, family and community members heard some of her favorite songs like “I can only imagine” and “This is not goodbye.”
They also heard a eulogy from her pastor, who said everyone can learn something from Lake's past.
Sisters Kate and Caroline Mattox said when Lake walked into a room, her joy spread to everyone.
"I love Lake," Caroline said. "I want to live the rest of my life for her."
Even those who knew her as a little girl said her personality was like a beam of light. "I called her Little Sharpay from the film High School Musical and she's just sassier and sassier than ever," said Melanie Greene.
Before heading to the Odd Fellows Cemetery in Starkville to bury Lake, Kate Mattox thanked Lake for teaching her to be confident.
"You never let me think any less of myself...I love you angel," she said.
- Community remembers Lake Little
- Family, community gather at Lake Little's visitation
- MSU community holding vigil to remember victims of Pittsburgh shooting
- Family, friends remember Shaharah Coggins
- Friends remember Choctaw County's Moe Hardin
- People remember MLK 50 years later
- UPDATE: Friends remember Oktibbeha County murder victim
- Former players and fans remember Coach Brewer
- Houston fire remembered one year later
- MDOC remembers former West Point police officer