COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Many people in the Columbus community are shocked after the sudden death of Deborah Moore Sunday night.
"I couldn't even go back to sleep because it was so hard to believe," said Niesha Rush. "It shocked me it really did."
According to Mississippi Highway Patrol Deborah Moore, 47, was walking on Highway 82 near Camps Airport Road, when she was fatally struck by a truck Sunday night.
"She was very nice until somebody stepped on her toes," explained Rush. "She was a very funny person, outgoing and bold."
Rush tells WTVA she has known Deborah Moore since she was a child.
"She is very well known in the community," added Rush.
MHP said they received multiple calls saying there was a woman in the area walking in the middle of the highway.
At this time no charges have been made.
This incident is still under investigation.
- Community reacts to Columbus woman fatally struck by a truck
- Columbus fire truck in accident
- Stolen truck crashed in Columbus
- Police: Fulton teen struck by dump truck
- Columbus businesses react to downtown crime
- Columbus man arrested for stolen truck case
- Scrap metal truck overturns in Columbus
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- Single-vehicle crash turns fatal in Columbus
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Columbus fatal shooting