COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - After dealing with some tough times, one Columbus woman got an "Ambush Makeover" at the Today
Jacqueline Dicicco owns a skincare center in Columbus. She said she spends so much time taking care of everyone else, she forgot to care for herself.
So on November 16th, her 68th birthday she got up early, hoping to get a new look at the Rockefeller Plaza.
"I held up a sign, a big pink sign. It said pick this Mississippi girl for a New York look," exclaimed Dicicco.
That sign and her background story of taking care of and losing both parents recently, made her wish come true.
Dicicco says during the process all of the mirrors were covered so she could barely recognize herself during the big reveal.
"They’re talking about you, but you don't have any idea that you're going to have red hair when it's all said and done," added Dicicco. "I was in shock."
Jacqueline uses trips to New York as an escape. Her husband died 11 years ago. The day after Thanksgiving would have been their 50th anniversary.
"It was a place we were together," said Dicicco. "We lived in New York and worked there, and even though I go for an escape I think it’s to be close."
However, after so many years of saying yes to others, will she say yes to this new look?
"I don’t know," added Dicicco. "It's gotten so many comments. You look younger. This is so good. I hope you keep it. I just don’t know."
- Columbus woman receives Today Show makeover
- Senators: Tupelo, Columbus fire departments receiving funds
- Columbus woman charged for stabbing
- UPDATE: Missing Columbus woman found
- Columbus Air Force Base hosts air show
- Columbus woman accused of damaging vehicle
- Columbus man accused of assaulting woman
- UPDATE: Missing Columbus woman found alive
- Columbus woman accused of running over man
- Woman charged with stabbing man in Columbus