COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A child was treated at a local hospital and a woman was arrested for child abuse in Columbus.
Shanita Williamson, 28, of Columbus, was arrested August 16. She also faces the charge of providing false information to police.
Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton says this was not a random case.
He says the victim is related to Williamson. However, the specific relation was not released.
Shelton says the child was later released from medical care.
- Columbus woman arrested for child abuse
- Columbus woman arrested on 2 counts of child exploitation
- Columbus man arrested for child exploitation
- Pontotoc woman arrested inside old Columbus school
- Macon woman arrested for embezzlement in Columbus
- Columbus woman arrested for allegedly shooting boyfriend
- Child abuse arrest made in Prentiss County
- Starkville man arrested, charged with child abuse
- Child abuse arrest made in Lowndes County
- Columbus woman charged for stabbing