COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Members of local churches and volunteers cooked Christmas Day dinner on Tuesday for the homeless in the Columbus and Lowndes County community.
The program was called “Hello Christmas Dinner” and was hosted by Loaves and Fishes.
Those attending were treated to baked chicken, dressing with vegetables, and dessert.
"I think it is going great. Last year we had about 35 people come out in total. This year we have already done that and it's already been 30 minutes. So we are excited. It's growing each year," said Breana Jamison, one of the coordinators.
Jamison shared her long-term goal, which is to make this an annual event and to get even more people out to be fed.
- Columbus soup kitchen hosts homeless for Christmas
- Columbus PD hosting career day
- Columbus Air Force Base hosts air show
- Columbus business to host Celebrity Waiter Night
- Columbus mayor hosts 12th annual Thanksgiving lunch
- Columbus community leaders host benefit concert
- Okolona church hosts annual Christmas feeding
- Columbus superintendent Hickman fired
- Columbus home catches fire
- Columbus city councilman resigns