UPDATE: At 11:10 a.m. on Wednesday, Columbus police stated Lehmberg Road was reopened but repairs were still being made. Drivers are urged to slow down and be aware of workers.
COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Crews are working to replace electrical lines after a dump truck hit them in Columbus.
Columbus police say the incident happened sometime near 7:40 a.m. on North Lehmberg Road.
Right now, the road is closed in both directions. Police say the repairs are expected to last at least another hour.
Crews are working to replace TV, phone and internet lines. Damaged power poles are also being replaced.
This article will be updated when the repair work is complete.
- UPDATE: Columbus road reopens after dump truck hits power lines
- UPDATE: Endville Road reopens
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens
- UPDATE: Pedestrian hit by vehicle in Columbus
- Columbus fire truck in accident
- Stolen truck crashed in Columbus
- Police: Fulton teen struck by dump truck
- UPDATE: Prentiss County power worker killed while repairing electric line
- Columbus man arrested for stolen truck case
- Scrap metal truck overturns in Columbus