COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA)- Columbus residents who were affected by the February 23 tornado continue to clean up from the storm.
City administrators are urging residents to put the remaining storm debris on the road, so crews can access it.
The city hired Looks Great Services to pick up and haul away debris along the clean up route. City administrators said the company will be in town early next week.
The pickup is free only if the debris is put towards the road. Areas affected by the storm are already on the clean up route, so residents do not have to call for pick up.
Some residents already put debris out on the road, like Beverly Smith. Smith said she's relieved to finally get rid of the last of the storm debris.
"It was rough because you couldn't cook, you couldn't do anything except pick up the debris," she said.
- Columbus residents continue storm recovery
- Columbus continues storm debris removal
- Illinois church group helps demolish Columbus home for storm recovery
- Emergency agencies recognize Columbus' tornado recovery efforts
- Reform, Alabama, continues recovery effort following tornado
- Columbus fire damages apartments, residents seek help
- Tupelo continues storm debris removal
- Columbus resident claims hired hand stole jewelry from home
- Columbus residents take action with their tornado-damaged homes
- Common scams continue to plague residents