MORRIS, Ill. (WTVA) - Columbus and Illinois law enforcement hope someone locally will be able to identify a woman found dead in rural Illinois in 1976.
The unidentified homicide victim was found in Grundy County, Ill. The victim is believed to have ties to Columbus and Lowndes County.
“We have been asked by officials with the Grundy County Coroner’s Office in Illinois to release this information and this sketch to see if anyone can help identify this victim,” said Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton.
The victim is reported to have been approximately 20 years old when she was found on Oct. 2, 1976. She was wearing an unusual sweater with the pattern shown in the attached drawing.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
- Columbus police recruited to help solve Illinois 1976 cold case
- Police seek help in solving Columbus shooting
- Tupelo police look to solve fraud case
- DNA match cracks 2015 Columbus cold case
- UPDATE: Columbus police hope new video will help solve assault case
- Columbus police investigate shocking embezzlement case
- Police asking for help solving Tupelo burglary
- Columbus police chase leads to arrest in robbery case
- Arrests made in separate Columbus burglary cases
- Columbus man arrested for stolen truck case