COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A Columbus police officer has resigned following a lengthy criminal case in which he was recently cleared.
A grand jury did not indict Jared Booth in the fatal 2017 shooting at the Premier Lounge.
City of Columbus spokesman Joe Dillon confirmed Booth resigned from the police department effective Monday.
Booth was scheduled to return to work from a suspension which was put in place after the November 2017 shooting.
Booth was accused of fatally shooting Raymond Davis, 24.
- Columbus police officer resigns in wake of being cleared of Premier Lounge shooting
- Columbus chief financial officer resigns
- Columbus city councilman resigns
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- Columbus police investigates overnight shooting
- Columbus police investigate shooting report
- Lowndes County night lounge re-opens
- Lounge reacts to city council decision to cut hours after officer-involved shooting
- REPORT: Columbus police officer fired, other suspended
- Man arrested for biting Columbus police officer