COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Columbus police have arrested one man but are searching for another man in connection to a weekend shooting that injured a teenager.
According to Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton, a 14-year-old girl was shot in the ankle following an altercation between two other people. Her injuries are not expected to be life-threatening.
Shelton said Desi John Harris, 29, of Columbus, has been charged with felony accessory after the fact of aggravated assault in connection to the incident.
Shelton said they "fully expect another arrest."
Police responded to the incident in the 1500 block of 12th Avenue South on Saturday night.
According to Shelton, witnesses reported that a second suspect was shooting toward another person when the victim was struck.
Shelton added the victim was not part of the incident.
- Columbus police make arrest in weekend shooting
- Police make second arrest for Columbus shooting
- Columbus police make arrest in April shooting incident
- Columbus Police: Sharp-eyed officer makes arrest
- Arrest made for Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- Columbus police investigates overnight shooting
- Columbus police investigate shooting report
- Columbus police identify shooting suspect
- Columbus police arrest accused arsonist