COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Columbus police arrested a Columbus man in connection to a shooting incident that happened at the end of April.
Police arrested Vershawn Williams, 18, on three felony charges of armed robbery, aggravated assault and shooting into a vehicle. Two charges are from 2017 and the aggravated assault charge was from April.
Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton said this arrest is connected to the incident that occurred April 28 around noon in the area of 15th Street and 8th Avenue North.
Police responded to shots fired and found a victim with a gunshot wound was treated at the hospital. Officers said Williams and the victim knew each other and had been in an altercation.
Shelton says Williams is also being questioned concerning other incidents in Columbus involving gunfire. No bond has been set at this time.
- Columbus police make arrest in April shooting incident
- Columbus police make arrest in weekend shooting
- Police make second arrest for Columbus shooting
- Columbus police investigate stabbing incident
- More charges possible after Columbus shooting incident
- Oxford police make arrest for Rooster's shooting incident
- Columbus Police: Sharp-eyed officer makes arrest
- Columbus police investigating Thursday night incident
- Columbus police arrest man after Taco Bell incident
- Arrest made for Columbus shooting