COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Four people allegedly stole more than $1,500 worth of coolers and backpacks from a Dick’s Sporting Goods store.
The theft happened at the store on Highway 45 North on May 20.
Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton confirmed three of the four surrendered themselves to police officers for felony shoplifting.
Because of their ages, police are not identifying them.
A fourth person is still wanted.
Police provided the media with the store’s surveillance video on Tuesday.
"Between the news media and social media, the video file was seen over 40,000 times in three days and received over 200 comments on Facebook,” Shelton stated. “The persons that turned themselves in told us that the constant airing of the videos and photos encouraged them to turn themselves into the police. They got a lot of pressure from family and friends and they did the right thing by coming to the police station and meeting with detectives.”
- Columbus police charge juveniles with felony shoplifting
- 2 face felony shoplifting charges in Oxford
- Corinth man charged with felony shoplifting in Oxford
- Two people wanted for shoplifting in Columbus
- Amory police charge three with felony crimes
- Starkville police charge youth with felonies
- Starkville woman faces felony charges
- Police arrest man accused of mall shoplifting
- Kosciusko police search for shoplifting suspects
- West Point police seek shoplifting suspect