COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A Columbus man is accused of setting fire to a house and a car.
Tamarcus Thomas, 39, was arrested on Monday and charged with two counts of felony arson.
Tamarcus Thomas appeared in court on Tuesday in Columbus.
According to Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton, the fires happened early Saturday morning.
The house fire happened in the 700 block of 19th Street North. It was reported to 911 at approximately 3 a.m.
The car fire, which happened in the 1200 block of Ash Street, was reported one hour later.
The two locations are approximately four blocks apart.
Shelton said no one was hurt in either fire.
"There were several things that called our attention to these fires,” the police chief said.
However, he did not provide information about the investigation.
Thomas could face more charges, and police are investigating other fire incidents.
- Columbus police arrest accused arsonist
- Man arrested for biting Columbus police officer
- Columbus police arrest man for sexual battery
- Columbus police arrest suspect in homicide investigation
- Columbus Police: Sharp-eyed officer makes arrest
- Columbus police make arrest in weekend shooting
- Police make second arrest for Columbus shooting
- Arrest made for Columbus shooting
- Arrest made in Columbus homicide
- Columbus police chief to retire