COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A UPS worker is accused of taking three guns from a UPS terminal in Columbus.
A UPS representative reported the missing guns on March 26 from the terminal on Industrial Park Road.
The guns were in the process of being delivered to local federal firearms licensed dealers, but the guns did not arrive at the destinations.
Lowndes County sheriff’s investigators determined the guns had been taken upon arrival at the terminal.
Sharquez Cox, 20, was stopped Monday on Highway 82 East.
According to the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Department, he was found with two of the stolen guns.
Investigators searched his home and found the third gun.
The sheriff's department stated Cox was a part-time off-loader at the UPS terminal, but his employment has since been terminated.
- UPS worker arrested, accused of stealing guns
- UPS worker accused of taking electronics
- Woman accused of stealing dog
- Woman arrested for possibly stealing gun at Christmas dinner
- Starkville man arrested for stealing gun from sporting goods store
- Five arrested in Monroe County accused of stealing asphalt
- Smithville man accused of stealing tools
- Men accused of stealing in Columbus
- Amory man arrested for stealing vehicle
- Worker accused of embezzling from Oxford salon