LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – A Columbus man led Lowndes County law enforcement on a brief chase before his eventual capture.
On Friday, officers attempted to make a traffic stop on a blue Chevrolet Tahoe near 10 Avenue and 14 Street South on the south side of Columbus.
The driver, Rodriguez Dismuke, 47, failed to stop and the pursuit began.
Officers say Dismuke threw out a large package of marijuana, which agents recovered near the intersection of 13th Street and 11th Avenue South.
Dismuke was eventually taken into custody in the 2400 block of Washington Avenue after being blocked in on a congested street.
Officers also found a large sum of cash, which was found on the ground outside the Tahoe.
As a result, Dismuke was charged with felony eluding and possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
- Columbus man leads law enforcement on pursuit in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County law enforcement warn of phone scam
- Lowndes County law enforcement warn of fake money
- Two arrested in Lowndes County after hiding from law enforcement
- Columbus man captured following multi-state pursuit
- Lowndes County duo accused of Columbus robbery
- Lowndes County coroner identifies Columbus body
- Lowndes County collision kills Columbus woman
- Columbus man charged with not revealing information to law enforcement
- Columbus man surrenders to law enforcement after alleged assault, kidnapping