COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) – A Columbus man, involved in a shooting incident in the city in 2016, now faces federal charges in connection with the incident.
Demarcus Fisher, 31, faces a federal indictment of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
The indictment says Fisher was in possession of a weapon and three rounds of ammunition that had been discharged on March 6, 2016.
He was arrested by Columbus police in connection with shooting into an occupied dwelling and aggravated assault.
The shooting happened at 18th Avenue North and Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
He has pleaded not guilty to the federal indictment and faces a March 5th trial date.
- Columbus man faces federal charge in 2016 shooting incident
- More charges possible after Columbus shooting incident
- Columbus Police investigate two shooting incidents
- Columbus man faces stalking charges in Indiana
- Man pleads guilty in 2016 Columbus murder
- Columbus police investigate stabbing incident
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged following Columbus shooting
- Man charged with shooting into Columbus house
- Columbus man charged with Wednesday shooting
- Columbus man charged with shooting into dwelling