LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend in Lowndes County, seriously injuring her.
On Sunday, August 19, Lowndes County deputies were called to Baptist Memorial Hospital concerning a 32-year-old woman who had been assaulted.
The woman was at her home on Kaye Drive in Columbus when her ex-boyfriend came to the residence and allegedly assaulted her.
It appears the woman had been picked up and thrown to the floor, which caused extensive head trauma.
The woman drove herself to the hospital and was later transported by helicopter to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
Devin Thompson, 28, of Columbus, was arrested and charged with aggravated domestic violence.
He was arrested on Monday, August 20.
- Man charged with assaulting girlfriend in Columbus
- Columbus man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend
- Columbus man accused of assaulting girlfriend
- UPDATE: Columbus man charged with kidnapping estranged girlfriend
- Columbus man accused of assaulting woman
- Columbus man charged with cyberstalking
- UPDATE: Boyfriend arrested for shooting at girlfriend in Columbus
- Man charged with molestation in Columbus
- Columbus man arrested on kidnapping charges
- Columbus man charged with threatening city official