COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - An elderly man is behind bars in Lowndes County, accused of shooting at another man while a young child was nearby.
The shooting took place on E. Railroad Drive, south of Columbus.
The victim was inside a car with an 18-month-old when shots rang out.
Officers arrested 77-year-old Walter James Lee.
He reportedly entered the victim's home, then shot at the victim inside a car several times.
Several other people were inside the victim's car, including the child.
Lee was charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a weapon and possession of a weapon by a felon.
Officers say the child did receive a minor injury but is expected to okay.
- Columbus man charged with Wednesday shooting
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged following Columbus shooting
- Man charged with shooting into Columbus house
- Columbus man charged with cyberstalking
- More charges possible after Columbus shooting incident
- Columbus man faces federal charge in 2016 shooting incident
- UPDATE: Man charged in Columbus shooting headed back to Mississippi
- Columbus man arrested on kidnapping charges
- Columbus man charged with threatening city official
- Woman charged with stabbing man in Columbus