COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Columbus police arrested a man on an outstanding felony warrant for kidnapping.
Lawayne Robinson, 36, turned himself in without incident.
Robinson is alleged to have kidnapped a 32 year old female from a business on Hwy 45N where she was shopping last week. He is also alleged to have assaulted the victim, who was treated at Baptist Memorial Hospital.
Police say the suspect and the victim knew each other and were in a former dating relationship.
Robinson is set to appear before a judge sometime today.
- Columbus man arrested on kidnapping charges
- Man arrested on kidnapping charges
- UPDATE: Columbus man charged with kidnapping estranged girlfriend
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged following Columbus shooting
- Columbus man charged with cyberstalking
- Columbus man surrenders to law enforcement after alleged assault, kidnapping
- Tupelo man arrested by Starkville police on kidnapping, assault charges
- Police charge Starkville man with attempted kidnapping
- Corinth man charged with kidnapping in Tennessee
- Oxford police charge man with assault, kidnapping