COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) -- A man shot and killed in Columbus has been identified.
On Sunday, Coroner Greg Merchant says 26-year-old Tymechi-Ali Lachil Spann of Macon.
Authorities say a car accident Saturday morning led to the arrest of Stevie Moody in connection with a fatal shooting.
Lowndes County sheriff deputies responded to a three-car crash at the intersection of Greentree Drive and Lehmberg Road after 7 a.m.
When they arrived at the scene, Deputy Marc Miley says they found a driver suffering from gunshot wounds.
He says the driver was rushed to the local hospital but died from his injuries.
During the crash investigation, Miley says they learned there was a domestic assault at the Green Tree Apartments in East Columbus.
They went to the building and found a woman in need of medical attention. She told them her ex-boyfriend also needed medical attention.
Miley says that's when they realized the crash and domestic assault were related.
The woman was treated at the scene.
The case remains under investigation.
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Columbus fatal shooting
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Victims of fatal wreck identified
- UPDATE: Victim identified in deputy-involved shooting
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- UPDATE:Columbus police release new details in fatal apartment shooting
- UPDATE: Victims identified in Lowndes County fatal accident
- UPDATE: MHP identifies victim of fatal Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: Georgia man identified as victim of fatal 18-wheeler wreck
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire