COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Firefighters say no one was hurt when a Columbus fire truck hit another vehicle Saturday.
The accident happened after 12 p.m. at North McCrary Road and Forrest Boulevard.
Battalion Chief Scott Swain says Engine 24 was at the stop sign at the intersection when another vehicle that had stopped pulled out trying to get in front of the fire truck.
According to Swain, the driver told police the accident was her fault.
Firefighters were responding to a fire call on Maxwell Lane when the accident happened.
- Columbus fire truck in accident
- Stolen truck crashed in Columbus
- Columbus superintendent Hickman fired
- Columbus home catches fire
- Accident backed up Friday traffic near Columbus
- Columbus police work multiple Monday accidents
- Columbus traffic accident sends driver to hospital
- Columbus man arrested for stolen truck case
- Scrap metal truck overturns in Columbus
- House destroyed in Columbus fire