COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Lowndes County deputies and narcotics agents chased a vehicle Wednesday afternoon and arrested the driver and his passenger.
The officers tried to stop the car at 5th Street and 11th Avenue South in Columbus at approximately 4:00. The driver refused to stop, according to Sheriff Eddie Hawkins.
Tiquan D. Davis | Source: Lowndes County Sheriff's Office
Braylin C. Edinburgh | Source: Lowndes County Sheriff's Office
Deputies pursued the car to 9th Street and 3rd Avenue North where the car’s occupants abandoned it and fled before deputies arrested them.
The Sheriff’s Office charged the driver, 34-year-old Tiquan Davis, with felony fleeing and eluding. His passenger, 19-year-old Braylin Edinburgh, is charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute. Both men live in Columbus.
- Columbus duo arrested after afternoon chase
- Lowndes County duo accused of Columbus robbery
- Duo arrested for burglary; more arrests expected
- Columbus police chase leads to arrest in robbery case
- UPDATE: Columbus man arrested for multi-state chase
- UPDATE: Wanted duo arrested in Monroe County
- Oxford duo arrested for tobacco store robbery
- Duo arrested in Monroe County drug bust
- UPDATE: Wanted Monroe Co. duo arrested
- Starkville Police: Duo arrested for cigarette heist