COLUMBUS, Miss (WTVA) -- The Columbus City Council has voted to suspend a city employee for 30 days.
The decision came during Tuesday's council meeting.
City spokesman Joe Dillon would not reveal the name of the employee or go into specifics as to what led to the disciplinary action.
He would only say the suspension was the result of "conduct unbecoming an officer."
- Columbus city employee suspended for "unbecoming" conduct
- Columbus city employee injured while cutting grass
- REPORT: Columbus police officer fired, other suspended
- Starkville firefighters conduct controlled burn
- Columbus man charged with threatening city official
- City takes action against Columbus police officers
- City employee faces backlash after Facebook post
- Columbus officer suspended for 10 days, other officer case to be determined
- Columbus superintendent Hickman fired
- City suspends officer after Taser incident with inmate