COLUMBUS, Miss (WTVA) -- The Columbus City Council has voted to suspend a city employee for 30 days.
The decision came during Tuesday's council meeting.
City spokesman Joe Dillon would not reveal the name of the employee or go into specifics as to what led to the disciplinary action.
He would only say the suspension was the result of "conduct unbecoming an officer."
- Columbus city employee suspended for "unbecoming" conduct
- Columbus city employee injured while cutting grass
- REPORT: Columbus police officer fired, other suspended
- Columbus city councilman resigns
- Starkville firefighters conduct controlled burn
- Columbus man charged with threatening city official
- City takes action against Columbus police officers
- Columbus city councilman Gene Taylor dies
- Columbus city council to approve, adopt budget
- Columbus officer suspended for 10 days, other officer case to be determined