COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A Columbus city employee was injured while cutting grass Monday morning.
The incident happened on the city right-of-way on Highway 45 North.
The name of the employee was not released by the city. The severity of the employee's injuries is not known.
Early reports indicate the employee's lawnmower overturned near the Carl Hogan Chevrolet dealership in Columbus.
The city says the mower caught fire after the accident and firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze.
- Columbus city employee injured while cutting grass
- Columbus city employee suspended for "unbecoming" conduct
- One injured, one arrested in Columbus stabbing
- Columbus police officer injured in wreck
- Grass fires cause travel trouble in Tupelo
- Columbus man charged with threatening city official
- City takes action against Columbus police officers
- City employee faces backlash after Facebook post
- Tires lead to grass fire in highway median
- Columbus superintendent Hickman fired