COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Current Columbus city councilman Gene Taylor died Monday.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant confirms the Ward 1 councilman became ill at his home early Monday morning.
Taylor was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus where he died a short time later.
He began serving as a councilman in 2006.
- Columbus city councilman Gene Taylor dies
- Columbus city councilman resigns
- Former Tupelo city councilman dies
- Beard becomes new Columbus councilman
- Columbus holding special election to fill vacant councilman position
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted
- Taylor mayor resigns
- Daleville City Councilman Marvin Wise arrested in sex case
- Columbus man charged with threatening city official
- Columbus city employee suspended for "unbecoming" conduct