COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Columbus city council members will meet to approve and adopt the proposed budget for the next fiscal year.
The mayor called a special meeting to approve and adopt the budget for the 2019-2020 fiscal year.
The meeting will take place at City Hall on Thursday at 5 p.m.
Ward 3 Councilman Charlie Box said council members held two work sessions to discuss the budget.
He said the biggest difference is the city will not operate in a deficit this year.
The proposed budget has a millage tax rate increase and funds for the police, fire and public works departments to buy equipment.
- Columbus city council to approve, adopt budget
- Tupelo City Council approves mobile vendor ordinance
- Tupelo City Council approves Jackson Street improvements
- Columbus city councilman resigns
- Runoff election to decide vacant Columbus City Council seat
- Beard wins special election runoff for Columbus City Council
- Executive director resigning from Columbus Arts Council
- Lee County Board of Supervisors approve budget
- Tupelo City Council approves water/sewer rate hike
- Tupelo City Council to approve outside PR firm