COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A longtime place of worship was destroyed during the weekend's tornado in Columbus.
First Pentecostal Church has been serving the community for approximately 40 years
First Pentecostal Church on Tuscaloosa Road in Columbus
Parts of the church were scattered around town and could be seen at least three miles down the road.
“I’m speechless. I started crying. I got so emotional," said Pastor Steve Blaylock.
The church is waiting to hear back from an insurance adjuster to see what the next call-to-action will be.
You can see Xavier Harris' report in the video player above.
- Columbus church begins rebuilding after tornado
- One dead following tornadoes in Columbus, Burnsville
- Columbus is registering tornado victims for relief
- Second tornado-related death confirmed in Columbus
- Columbus homeowner still seeks help after tornado
- Emergency agencies recognize Columbus' tornado recovery efforts
- Officials say they will rebuild tornado-damaged school
- Columbus residents take action with their tornado-damaged homes
- Illinois church group helps demolish Columbus home for storm recovery
- Search begins to find Union soldiers in famous Columbus cemetery