COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Columbus Police confirm a shooting victim from Thursday has died.
The shooting happened in an abandoned house near the intersection of 17th Street and 5th Avenue South at approximately 4:30 p.m.
Police found a man suffering from a gunshot wound there.
While investigating the shooting, another victim walked into the local emergency room with a gunshot wound, Police Chief Fred Shelton said.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant identified Xavier Dora, 18, as the deceased victim. He died in surgery.
Authorities have not indicated if Dora was the victim who was found at the scene or if he was the victim who went to the ER.
The other unnamed shooting victim sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
At least five people were inside the abandoned house, the Police chief said, and investigators believe they were engaging in some type of illegal activity.
“An argument broke out inside the house and that is when the shooting occurred,” he said.
Police are looking to question several persons of interest.
With the investigation in its early stages, Police are not releasing many details at this time, Shelton said.
Anyone with information can call the Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
Previous Article - Police: Two shooting victims found in Columbus
- 18-year-old identified as victim of fatal shooting in Columbus
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Columbus fatal shooting
- UPDATE: 18-year-old charged with shooting teen in Columbus
- Columbus police identify shooting suspect
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- UPDATE: Victims of fatal wreck identified
- Coroner identifies victim of fatal Tupelo wreck
- Police: Two shooting victims found in Columbus
- Police: Suspect in fatal shooting identified