COLUMBUS, Miss. (Press Release)) - The Columbus Police Department will hold its third Career Day this Saturday, February 10, 2018, at the department headquarters at 1501 Main Street.
The event will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. The department is actively seeking employees at patrol officers, investigators, K9 officers, crime scene investigators, motorcycle officers and more.
"This is the perfect time for anyone interested in law enforcement to come out and learn a lot in one visit," said Police Chief Fred Shelton. "We will be providing tours, taking applications and demonstrating equipment. Bring family members, spouses, and others so we can explain all the details of law enforcement," Shelton added.
In addition to the open house, shuttle trips to the new firing range will be given with an open house and tour at the firing range. There is no cost for the Career Day and applications will be taken on the spot.
For more information call 662-251-3746.
- Columbus PD hosting career day
- Columbus Air Force Base hosts air show
- Columbus business to host Celebrity Waiter Night
- Columbus mayor hosts 12th annual Thanksgiving lunch
- Columbus soup kitchen hosts homeless for Christmas
- Columbus community leaders host benefit concert
- Fulton PD investigate Walmart thefts
- Tupelo PD: Beware of scams
- Columbus Lowndes Chamber of Commerce hosts education town hall
- Columbus superintendent Hickman fired