WINSTON COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - An accident in Winston County claimed the life of a young man.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol says the crash happened Monday morning sometime near 6:00 on Highwy 25 at Liberty Road.
Master Sgt. Criss Turnipseed says a Peterbilt log truck was traveling north on Highway 25, when it collided with a Jeep Sahara. The Jeep was coming off Liberty Road and was attempting to cross over the northbound lanes of the highway.
The collision caused the log truck to lose its load, shutting down the northbound lanes for approximately four hours.
The driver of the Jeep, 24-year-old Earnest Williamson III, was pronounced dead at the scene by the Winston County coroner.
The driver of the log truck, 34-year-old Jose Luis Coyt, of Philadelphia, Miss., was taken to University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson with moderate injuries.
The accident remains under investigation by MHP.
- Collision kills young man in Winston County
- Two seriously injured in Winston County collision
- ATV wreck kills man in Winston County
- Clay County collision kills one
- Fayette County crash kills young man
- UPDATE: Chickasaw County man killed in Winston wreck
- Winston County man wanted for uttering forgery
- UPDATE: Man dies in Winston County shooting
- UPDATE: Man wanted in Winston County burglary
- Calhoun County collision kills ATV driver