MADRID -- Spanish police seized a load of pineapples that were transported from Costa Rica.
Inside the fruits, authorities found about 147 pounds (67 kilos) of cocaine hidden inside cylinders.
The pineapples were emptied and each one was filled with a cylinder coated with wax to insulate the odor of the drug.
As part of the operation, seven people were arrested in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Cocaine-filled pineapples seized in Spain
- Booneville man arrested for cocaine
- Prairie man arrested for cocaine
- Man sentenced for sale of crack cocaine
- Shannon police find cocaine, make arrest
- Tupelo police arrest man for cocaine possession
- Chickasaw deputies: Man busted for cocaine, $5K
- Corinth woman accused of delivering cocaine laced Bible to jail
- Flu outbreak fills Alabama's hospitals, emergency rooms
- $40K in marijuana seized in Columbus