OKTIBBEHA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A two-car wreck is under investigation by Mississippi Highway Patrol after a high-speed pursuit in Clay County crossed into Oktibbeha County Sunday morning.
Master Sgt. Criss Turnipseed said at 10:16 a.m. troopers were dispatched to a crash at the intersection of Hickory Grove Road and MS Highway 182.
The crash resulted from a pursuit of a stolen vehicle by a Clay County Sheriff's deputy.
Turnipseed says the stolen 2004 Nissan passenger car traveling south on Hickory Grove Road collided with a 2008 Chevrolet pickup traveling west at the intersection of Highway 182.
The driver of the Nissan, Jonathan Cosby, 28 of Haleyville, AL, was airlifted to University Medical Center in Jackson with serious injuries. The driver of the pickup, Otis Robinson, 77 of Starkville, was taken to OCH Regional Medical Center in Starkville with moderate injuries.
- Clay County pursuit ends with wreck in Oktibbeha County
- Oktibbeha County wreck injures one
- Troopers respond to Oktibbeha County wreck
- Starkville man killed in Oktibbeha County wreck
- Drug arrest made following Clay County pursuit
- Clay, Itawamba, Monroe, Oktibbeha counties declared federal disaster areas
- UPDATE: Clay County deputy hospitalized after wreck
- Vehicle ends up in ditch after one-car wreck in Oktibbeha County
- Oktibbeha driver hospitalized after rollover wreck
- Road work expected to end today in Oktibbeha County