CLAY COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A Monday noontime collision in Clay County leaves a Weir woman dead.
Clay County Coroner Alvin Carter, Jr. says the collision happened sometime near 11:30 a.m. at Waverly Road, close to the intersection of Melton Bottom Road in West Point.
Carter says 52-year-old Sandra Dee Lollar was driving a Ford Mustang east on Waverly Road when she drifted into the westbound lane, then collided head-on with a Ford pickup truck.
Carter says Lollar was pronounced dead at the scene. He says she was not wearing a seatbelt.
Those in the truck were taken to the hospital. Their current conditions are unknown.
The Clay County Sheriff's Department is currently investigating.
- Clay County collision kills one
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- Inmate accused of killing Clay County cellmate
- Calhoun County collision kills ATV driver
- Pedestrian killed In Oktibbeha County collision
- Collision kills young man in Winston County
- Three killed in Monroe County collision
- Walnut woman killed in Alcorn County collision
- UPDATE: Saltillo woman killed in Lee County collision
- Interstate collision kills man in Marion County, Alabama