WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - Clay County authorities are urging residents to not fall victim of a scam.
On Monday the Clay County Sheriff’s Office shared a picture of a letter and a “check” to the agency’s Facebook page.
According to the sheriff’s office, scam artists are sending bogus checks to residents in Clay County.
The scam artists want the residents to deposit the money and send the money back to the scammers.
“Please do not fall victim to these scams," the Facebook post read.
Anyone who receives similar letters can contact their local law enforcement agency.
- Clay County Sheriff: "Please do not fall victim to these scams"
- Clay County sheriff's deputy to work security at church
- UPDATE: Sheriff's deputies find missing Clay County woman
- Clay County collision kills one
- Clay County traffic stop nets four arrests
- Drug arrest made following Clay County pursuit
- Drug arrests made in Clay County
- Two men charged for Clay County burglary
- Houston man charged with Clay County burglary
- Clay County family home destroyed after fire