Photo Gallery 1 Images
GENESEE COUNTY, Mich. (WTVA) -- A Clay County fugitive is arraigned in a Michigan courtroom.
Dequan Upchurch was arraigned on a fugitive from justice charge before Judge David Guinn in Genesee County Thursday morning.
The U.S. Marshals captured Upchurch in the Flint area on January 9.
Upchurch is one of four men believed to be involved in the November kidnapping and armed robbery of a family in the Pine Bluff community.
Three other men have already been arrested and charged.
Upchurch returns to court on Thursday, February 8 for a review hearing before Judge Nathaniel Perry.
It will be decided then whether or not Upchurch will stay or be extradited back to Mississippi to face his alleged crimes.
- Clay County Kidnapping Suspect Goes Before Michigan Judge
- UPDATE: Bond set for Clay County kidnapping suspect.
- Fourth suspect in Clay County kidnapping faces extradition
- Trio charged with robbing and kidnapping a Clay County family
- UPDATE: Man wanted as fourth suspect in Clay County kidnapping, armed robbery
- UPDATE: Suspect in Clay County holdup arrested
- Clay County sexual battery suspect in custody
- Winston County murder suspect appears before judge
- Clay County collision kills one
- Starkville kidnapping suspect tries jail escape again