LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - On Sunday night, Columbus Air Force Base officials said it was not clear what impact the federal government shutdown would have.
On Monday morning, roughly half of the base's civilian employees were furloughed.
Base officials did not provide a number of how many employees were sent home.
Those workers are expected to return Tuesday with Congress agreeing to end the shutdown.
- CAFB civilian employees furloughed during federal government shutdown
- Federal government shutdown enters third day
- Thunderbirds will not perform at CAFB
- UPDATE: Operations return to normal at CAFB
- CAFB workers injured while inspecting T-38C
- UPDATE: CAFB main gate reopens after safety concern
- Mississippi feels effects of government shutdown
- UPDATE: Pilots released from hospital after military plane crash near CAFB
- Federal government orders closure of Monroe County bridge
- How would government shutdown affect Natchez Trace Parkway?