TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - City officials met Monday evening to discuss ways to make Tupelo's transportation service the best experience.
Councilmen discussed which bus stops had more pickups.
This discussion was brought up as they decide which bus stops will be added and which bus stops will be taken away to help improve the bus routes.
The new map is expected to be released in March.
Councilmen also expect an app to launch soon, and this will make Tupelo Transit the first transportation system in Mississippi to have an app.
The app will be connected to a tracker to give passengers a more accurate estimated time of arrival.
- City officials discuss ways to improve Tupelo Transit
- City leaders discuss public transit system in Tupelo
- Tupelo ratifies transit contract
- City votes on improvements to Tupelo intersection
- Tupelo City Council approves Jackson Street improvements
- Tupelo City Council set aside money for public transit plan
- Tupelo leaders tour proposed public transit system
- New transit system launches in Tupelo
- Electric meters in Tupelo transitioning to digital
- Tupelo city officials address Code Red glitches